Need help applying for tax exemption with SkyGeek? Don't worry, we got you covered. Follow these simple guidelines.
First things first we need an up-to-date, valid Exemption Certificate for your company in your state.
Where can you get one? Simply visit Avalara CertExpress, select your State and follow it's easy steps to get your certificate. Below is our "Seller Information" which can copy & paste into the required fields when prompted.
|Company Name:||Styles Logistics, Inc.|
|Address 1:||30 Airway Drive Suite 2|
|Contact Name:||Dan Rivera|
Save the completed PDF Exemption Certificate someplace where we you can get to it a little later.
Now that you have your Exemption Certificate, do you already have an account created that you use on SkyGeek.com?
If not, please follow Steps 1-3 to register, if you do already have an account you may skip to Step 4!
- You must be a registered customer on our site. If you aren’t already registered, go to http://myaccount.skygeek.com/ (See the accompanying screenshot).
- Click the "Register Now" button to create a SkyGeek website account (NOTE: If you need a Government/Corporate account, use the button at the bottom of the page).
- Fill in all required information. Please be sure to use your ZIP Code + 4!.
- Already have an account or just signed up for one? Great, you're already ahead of the game! All you have to do is verify that your address and information is up-to-date (Please update your Zip code to Zip + 4 if available!).
- Everything looks good? Then please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the correct email address used for your account and attach the Exemption Certificate you create previously. Don't recall which email you used? It can be found under the "Update My Account" tab once you are signed in. (see screenshot below)
Once we get this email with your email address and attached certificate we will start the process of making your account tax exempt. Within 2-3 business days you will receive an email from us informing you that your account is now setup to be tax exempt.
Now that you've completed the setup process, how does this work, you ask? Simple, while placing an order on SkyGeek.com you must be sure to be signed into your account. You do this by clicking the My Account link found in the header of every SkyGeek page (http://myaccount.skygeek.com/). Another way: Sign-in during the checkout process. (See screenshot below for a peek at the pop up)
Once the system sees that you are logged in and that your account is tax exempt it will not charge you tax when shipping to your exempt state.
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.